In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic in the country, SoccerClub looks at the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in the Absa Premiership.
SuperSport United shotstopper Ronwen Williams is currently the league’s most expensive keeper at the value of R22.7 million, followed by Mamelodi Sundowns No 1 Denis Onyango in second place valued at R18.9m, according to Transfermarkt.com.
Meanwhile, Kaizer Chiefs duo Itumeleng Khune and Daniel Akpeyi are third and fourth on the list with a valuation of R18.9m and R14.1m, respectively, while Maritzburg United’s Richard Ofori caps the top five at R14.1m.
Coming in at Nos 6 and 7 are George Chigova of Polokwane City and Cape Town City’s Peter Leeuwenburgh, who both have a market value of R10.4m, while following them in eighth place is Orlando Pirates keeper Joris Delle (R9.4m).
Making up the bottom two on the list are Baroka’s Elvis Chipezeze and Siyabonga Mbatha of AmaZulu, valued at R8.5m and R7.5m, respectively.
Here are the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in the PSL:
1) Ronwen Williams (SuperSport United) – €1.20m (R22.7m)
2) Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €1.00m (R18.9m)
3) Itumeleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs) – €1.00m (R18.9m)
4) Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs) – €750k (R14.1m)
5) Richard Ofori (Maritzburg United) – €750k (R14.1m)
6) George Chigova (Polokwane City) – €550k (R10.4m)
7) Peter Leeuwenburgh (Cape Town City) – €550k (R10.4m)
8) Joris Delle (Orlando Pirates) – €500k (R9.4m)
9) Elvis Chipezeze (Baroka) – €450k (R8.5m)
10) Siyabonga Mbatha (AmaZulu) – €400k (R7.5m)
[Note: Values have been converted from euro to rand according to the exchange rate at the time of publishing.]
You may also like