Several South Africans made their mark across the world’s top leagues this past weekend, with Thibang Phete winning the man-of-the-match award in Portugal. Catch up with the performances of all Saffas abroad making waves.
- Bafana Bafana star Luther Signh picked up another assist as his Paços de Ferreira side claimed a 2-1 win over Vitoria Guimaraes in the Primeira Liga encounter
- Thibang Phete put in a man-of-the-match performance, while Sphephelo Sithole lasted 65 minutes for Belenenses SAD as they claimed a 2-1 victory over Nacional in their Primeira Liga match
- Thabo Cele started but was taken off in the 74th minute as CD Cova de Piedade drew 1-1 with CD Chaves in their Portugal LigaPro encounter
— GDL Sports Marketing (@GDLSports) February 21, 2021
- Keagan Dolly was an unused substitute as Montpellier beat Rennes 2-1 in the French Ligue 1.
- Darren Smith played the entire game for Honka FC while Yanga Baliso started for Mariehamn IFK but was taken off after 79 minutes as they played out to a 2-2 stalemate in their Finland Suomen Cup encounter.
- Gift Links played 78 minutes for Aarhus GF as they won 2-0 against Sonderjyske in their Danish Superliga encounter
- Liam Jordan started on the bench but was brought on in the 57th minute for FC Helsingør as they won 1-0 against Hobro in their Danish NordicBet Liga encounter.
Good victory today 💪+3 ⚪🔵but disappointed for not taking my chance(s) today but we try again next time💙🙏 pic.twitter.com/yDZw78lHEn
— Gift Neo Links (@neo_links) February 21, 2021
- Hendrick Ekstein played 81 minutes for Sabail FC as they won 2-0 against his former club, Sabah FC, in their Azerbaijan Premier League encounter.
- Tercious Malepe played 90 minutes for FC Minai as they lost 3-0 against Oleksandriya in their Ukraine Premier League encounter.
You may also like