Puma Football have officially signed a long-term partnership with Slovenia and Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak.
The 26-year-old shot-stopper now joins an extensive list of world-class goalkeepers wearing the sports company’s performance footwear and equipment.
Oblak has established himself as one of the world’s leading goalkeepers, being voted the Spanish league’s best goalkeeper three times in a row. He achieved 100 career clean sheets in 178 games, and since his transfer to Madrid in 2014 he has kept more clean sheets (79) than any other goalkeeper in Europe’s top five leagues.
In recognition of his achievements, Oblak’s club contract includes a €100-million buy-out clause – making him technically the world’s most expensive goalkeeper.
Jan Oblak in numbers:
- For three seasons in a row (2015-16, 2016-17 & 2017-18), Oblak has won the Ricardo Zamora Trophy, awarded to the goalkeeper who concedes the fewest goals in the Spanish league.
- In the calendar year 2018, Oblak played 27 games from 50 without conceding (0.72 goals per game) – the best rate in Europe’s top five leagues.
- Jan Oblak reached 100 career clean sheets in only 178 games.
- Since August 2014 he has the most clean sheets to his name with 79, that’s 13 more than the next contender (Puma goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon).
- In Europe’s top-flight club competition, of all the goalkeepers with 40+ appearances, Oblak has the highest clean sheets per game rate.
- Since the opening of Madrid’s new stadium in September 2017, Oblak has saved 75 of the 91 shots on target he has faced, keeping 26 clean sheets (Opta Stats).
Jan Oblak will be wearing the Puma FUTURE boots and gloves as he continues to rewrite the goalkeeping manual.
You may also like