Premier Soccer League CEO Mato Madlala has confirmed that Kaizer Chiefs upcoming Telkom Knockout clash against SuperSport United will not be played behind closed doors.
The Glamour Boys were ordered to play three home games at the Moses Mabhida Stadium behind closed doors by the PSL Disciplinary Committee, with one of their games suspended for 24 months.
This was after the unruly behaviour of the clubs supporters during their Nedbank Cup semi-final defeat to Free State Stars last year.
However, Madlala has since revealed that Chiefs’ supporter ban will not apply to their upcoming TKO clash against Matsatsantsa.
‘It will not [be behind closed doors], that’s how I’ve been advised. The cup game is not their game, even though they’ve got home advantage,’ Madlala told KickOff.com.
‘So, this is specific to their home games, but the cup is not their own game, where they pocket the money.
‘It does not fall under the banned games. Yes, [the Nedbank Cup game was a cup game] but the decision rests with the tribunal that said, ‘the league games’.’
Kaizer Chiefs will take on SuperSport United in the Telkom Knockout quarter-final at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Sunday with kick-off set for 3pm.