Bafana Bafana’s 23-man squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) has been valued at R532-million (£30 101 760).
The average valuation of the South African national team squad is R23.1 million per player.
Strasbourg striker Lebo Mothiba, who plays his football in the French Ligue 1, is Bafana’s most expensive player with a value of R111.3 million (£6 292 730), while Percy Tau is second and is valued at R55.6 million (£3 146 994), according to the Transfermarkt website.
Meanwhile, Mamelodi Sundowns captain Hlompho Kekana is valued at R10.3m and Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper Bruce Bvuma (R5.7m) at the bottom of the valuation chart.
South Africa’s Top five most valuable players:
1) Lebo Mothiba – Strasbourg, France (R111m)
2) Percy Tau – Brighton, England (R55m)
3) Kamohelo Mokotjo – Brentford, England (R39m)
4) Bongani Zungu – Amiens, France (R39m)
5) Thulani Serero – Vitesse Arnhem, Netherlands (R23.8m)
You may also like