Everton star Romelu Lukaku is in talks with the club over extending his current deal despite requesting to leave last window, his agent reports.
The 23-year-old striker, who arrived at the club from Chelsea for £28-million, had been linked with a move back to his former club only for the Toffees to turn down several approaches for the star. Now, Everton are eager to nail down the striker to a long-term contract with the side – despite having signed a 5-year-deal with the club back in 2014.
‘We are talking, yes it is possible that he could stay,’ Lukaku’s agent Mino Raiola told the Daily Mail.
‘This year the message was clear he was not for sale and he is really happy there at the moment. We are happy with what the club is doing now, we will see how the season goes.
Despite a long goal drought for his club the Belgian has bounced back in recent weeks, scoring a hat-trick against Sunderland before netting another in his side’s victory over Middlesbrough last Saturday.
‘I spoke with him after his hat-trick against Sunderland. I said “you were rubbish, you should have scored six!”‘ joked Raiola.
‘There was talk of Juventus but no-one can afford him in Italy. Outside of England, realistically the only clubs that can afford him are Paris Saint Germain, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid,’ he concluded.
While he has hit four strikes so far this term, Lukaku hit 25 goals for Everton in 46 appearances last season.