Gonzalo Higuain has moved up inside the top five players in terms of total transfer costs after swapping Napoli for Juventus.
The Argentina striker, who holds the third most expensive transfer fee of all time, is below only Angel Di Maria and Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the list of the most valuable players in total transfer costs.
The world’s most valuable player in terms of fee paid, Gareth Bale, makes the list at number 10 while Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo does not make the list. The former Sporting and Manchester United forward has racked up fees worth £94.78m to feature in 11th place.
Ten most valuable players in total transfer costs:
1. Angel Di Maria (Rosario, Benfica, Real Madrid, Man Utd, PSG) – £152.15m
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Malmo, Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan, PSG, Man Utd) – £143.74m
3. Gonzalo Higuain (River Plate, Real Madrid, Napoli, Juventus) – £119.85m
4. Hulk (Vitoria, Kawasaki Frontale, Tokyo Verdy, FC Porto, Zenit St Petersburg, Shanghai SIPG) – £110.85m
5. James Rodriguez (Envigado, CA Banfield, FC Porto, Monaco, Real Madrid) – £108.49m
6. Nicolas Anelka (PSG, Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool, Man City, Fenerbahce, Bolton, Chelsea, SH Shenhua, Juventus, West Brom, Mumbai City) – £108.26m
7. Hernan Crespo (River Plate, Parma, Lazio, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Genoa, Parma) – £101.38m
8. Luis Suarez (Nacional, FC Groningen, Ajax, Liverpool, Barcelona) – £99.04m
9. Juan Sebastian Veron (Estudiantes, Boca Juniors, Sampdoria, Parma, Lazio, Manchester United, Chelsea, Estudiantes, Brandsen, Estudiantes) – £98.60m
10. Gareth Bale (Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, Real Madrid) – £98.35m